From the Exploratorium Institute for Inquiry, written by teacher Marilyn Austin.
1. What does this make you think of?
2. In what ways are these different?
3. In what ways are these same?
4. What materials did you use?
5. What would happen if you...
6. What might you try instead?
7. Tell me about you're...?
8. What does it look like?
9. What does it remind you of?
10. What does it feel like?
11. What can you do next time?
12. What can you tell me about it?
13. Tell me what happened.
14. What could you do instead?
15. Which one do you have more of?
16. Is one object longer/shorter than another?
17. What do you call the things you are using?
18. What can you tell me about the things you have?
20. How are you going to do that?
21. What do you feel, see, hear, taste, and smell?
22. How did you do that?
23. What will you do next?
24. Is there anything else you could do/use?
25. How do you know?
26 What are some different things you could try?
27. What is it made of?
28. Show me what you could do with it?